Helping historic churches – our living heritage
We are an independent non-profit organisation raising funds and providing grants to help over 620 historic churches, chapels and meeting houses in Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire and North Bristol.
The Trust aims to:
- Assist those responsible for the care of places used for public worship which belong to a Christian religious body;
- Make funds available to help places of Christian worship of all denominations with repairs and improvements to the fabric of the buildings and their contents, as well as their surrounding churchyards;
Accordingly, it seeks to:
- Maintain a large support base whose annual committed income from subscriptions and donations will give a firm basis upon which to conduct its affairs;
- Foster an informed appreciation of the history, architecture and beauty of the churches and chapels and so provide a way for the wider community to help to maintain that irreplaceable heritage;
- Raise substantial amounts of money, primarily through the annual sponsored
Ride+Stride, an event promoted by The National Churches Trust and supported by other County Trusts;
- Co-operate with other bodies making funds available for the purposes set out above.